D|A is a full service architectural firm founded in 1995. We maintain a diverse practice assisting clients in both the private and public sectors. Our projects vary from one-of-a-kind custom residences to large-scale, multi-use developments.
Past projects include new construction and building additions, as well as comprehensive renovations, modernization, rehabilitation, and historic preservation work. Our continued involvement with local and state agencies has kept us current with the comprehensive regulatory requirements and building codes governing today's construction industry.
We believe in taking a whole building approach, designing your building as a single integrated system—a key strategy in sustainable design. The collaboration of architect and owner with engineers and contractors results in a building that ages well and is energy efficient, healthy, safe, affordable, and comfortable.
While maintaining a primary practice in the seacoast of New Hampshire, DeStefano Architects is comprised of uniquely qualified individuals who are registered to practice architecture across New England.
D|A is dedicated to creating environments that function with efficiency, enhance productivity, and improve quality of life. We strive to continually improve the environments in which we live, and recognize the impact that buildings have on both the environment and their occupants.
Environmental sensitivity is fundamental to our approach. Whether the project goal is LEED certification or increased energy efficiency, our team has the expertise and innovation required to find a sustainable solution to any project. We encourage clients to discuss their goals at the earliest stages to maximize the benefits of their investment in sustainable architecture.
A distinctive service that D|A provides is our expertise in the permit and approval processes with local Planning Boards, the Historic District Commissions, and area Municipalities, with a notable success rate for permits and approvals.
TOUR OUR OFFICE
- Assumption College, Worcester, MA
- Boston Architectural Center, Boston, MA
- Endicott College, Beverly, MA
- Harvard University GSD, Cambridge, MA
- Keene State College, Keene, NH
- Roger Williams University, Bristol, RI
- University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, CO
- University of Illinois
- University of New Hampshire
- Wentworth Institute of Technology, Boston, MA
Past Civic Affiliations:
- City of Portsmouth Blue Ribbon Committee on City Board Approvals
- City of Portsmouth Building Code Board of Appeals
- City of Portsmouth Economic Development Commission
- City of Portsmouth Planning Department Historic District Commission
- Plan New Hampshire Board of Directors
- Portsmouth Police Department Steering Committee
- Saint John International University, Torino, Italy
- Wentworth Douglass Hospital Board of Trustees
- Workforce Housing Coalition of the Greater Seacoast, Board of Directors
- Area Home Care Board of Directors
- Middle Street Baptist Church Board of Trustees
- Piscataqua Savings Bank Board of Directors
- Provident Bank Board of Trustees
- Roof Over Head Collaborative, Newburyport, MA, Board of Directors
- Town of Amesbury, MA, Historic District Commission, Commissioner
Memberships & Affiliations:
- American Institute of Architects, New Hampshire Chapter
- Boston Society of Architects, Boston, MA
- Greater Seacoast Chamber of Commerce
- Green Alliance
- National Home Builders Association, Seacoast Chapter
- New Hampshire Lodging & Restaurant Association
- Northeast Sustainable Energy Association
- Northern New England Chapter Eastern Region of APPA
- SMPS Northern New England
- Strawbery Banke Museum
- Urban Land Institute
- U.S. Green Building Council, LEED AP